Super Pocket Tennis is a nice little tennis game for the PSP. Lets take a look at the game
The game has the following features
- Compete in doubles and singles matches against your friends using wireless!
- 20 unique character to choose from, all with different styles of play!
- Select different courts including Clay, Lawn, Hard and Carpet
- Play against the computer to practice your serve and smashes
- Complete 10 different requirements to unlock hidden characters
There are several entertaining mini games that you can play
- Bullseye serve: hit targets
- Whack an alien: Knock down aliens
- Wall Smasher: Knock back approaching walls
- Hit and run: Hot 1000 balls back onto the other side of the court
- Robot Returns: Return a series of serves without hitting robots that wander about the court
There are no licensed players and the graphics have a cute, cartoony feel rather than trying to adopt real-life player visuals, the sound effects are accurate for the game of tennis and there a few little pieces of music that play throughout
Gameplay is as simple as selecting a strong or weak shot with either the circle or X buttons while moving your character with either the directional pad or the analogue stick. There is a mark on the ground where your opponent’s shot will land and you can determine where your shot will land by moving a circle on your opponent’s side of the court before every shot. This does not take that long to get the hang off.